...Berlin......................................
28 Juli 2006
  a daily routine. french lessons & amnesty.
Finally it has rained. For days it had been scorching hot and the city was yearning for some rain drops. This morning the air smelled soft and cool and a bit like soil.
I get up and my day is free, which is great. For a month, all my days had been like that, but only now I enjoy it. For the first time in ages I'm having a proper daily routine: I get up in the morning, listen to the news, do my almost-daily prayer, read a bit (currently it's topics related to globalisation, that means a lot of world finances and other sad things) and then do my homework for the French course.
The course takes three hours every day and completely messes up my brain. All these complicated sentences and verbs! Our teacher suggested we should read books that have been translated from English to French: they're a lot easier, as the structure of the English language is a lot simpler. Bon.

Last week I went to two meetings of Amnesty International to get to know their work better and to get involved. So far I'm quite content, I really like the atmosphere that evolves when you are with people who believe that their actions will change the world. They're hopelessly friendly, I love it. The way we do the meetings at people's houses and they prepare snacks and drinks with such care and they give a big welcoming smile at everyone who enters their house with dirty feet.
 
Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen



<< Home
I'm back home. Everything is as it used to be. -Or is it not?


Links to myself

  • Malaysia Blog, in German (Dec05-Jun06)

  • Pictures taken in Malaysia and Bangladesh

  • Links to others

  • attac

  • Kritische Wirtschaftswissenschaften - Studentische Initiative


  • old entries
    Juli 2006 / August 2006 /















    Name: