...Berlin......................................
03 August 2006
  The sky
The last parcel with my stuff from Malaysia has arrived, I'm so happy! All the things I bought in Bangladesh are inside. The clothes I wore back then, the souvenirs... I'm now wearing the anklet Adit's sister gave to me.
Strange, how memories stick to objects.

A friend of mine has inspired me to pay attention to the sky again. (Since my daily life momentarily consists of not much more than my daily French lessons and some reading, I happily absorb any suggestions to discover little phenomena in my routine.)
He remembered that whenever he played computer games, he found the illustration of the sky looking fake.. This made him pay attention to the real sky and he discovered that his imagination of the sky matched reality less than the computer display did. He had had a wrong perception of the sky that he walks under daily. That's crazy.
Him pointing that out made me wonder of how many things we have a wrong perception. Sometimes when I travel, people ask me what snow is like. And whether our lakes really freeze and what frozen lakes are like. I'm embarrased and sad to admit that I don't know because I never pay attention! The magic that snow first had when I moved back to Germany has gone. Six years ago I starred at the white landscape outside our house, fascinated by every little snow flake. Snow was that little gift that you get for all the dullness of winter. Now I'm just annoyed. And I don't ever stop for a single second to appreciate the sky.
I'll give the sky a close look tomorrow. I'll taste the rain, next time it rains.
 
Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen



<< Home
I'm back home. Everything is as it used to be. -Or is it not?


Links to myself

  • Malaysia Blog, in German (Dec05-Jun06)

  • Pictures taken in Malaysia and Bangladesh

  • Links to others

  • attac

  • Kritische Wirtschaftswissenschaften - Studentische Initiative


  • old entries
    Juli 2006 / August 2006 /















    Name: